Music, Verbosity, and Anything Else

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I have not posted in quite a while. Part of the issue may be the Sisyphean task of using the new Blogger. I mean, it's just such a pain in the ass(though admittedly, I am a third-rate technodunce).


The other?...well, the entire gesture of blogging started to get a bit scary for me. I suppose I became dissuaded from what seemed like throwing my thoughts or intellectual property into the gallium wall that is the internet. This wall seems so mind-bogglingly big it couldn't possibly worry about or take notice of you...until you became food. So, there they are...my bits of thought slowly digesting for a thousand years suspended in a gallium bath available for scrutiny by all. Why does it bother me? Good freakin' question.
Maybe I didn't want to deal with the conflict. Antiprincess' blog(hey- I can still do it!)generates some of the foulest vitriol there is to be bottled. Granted, she's more than a hell of a person, but that just goes to prove the point. If one takes time to post thoughts past personal anecdotes they feel strongly about he or she will invariably start a shitstorm at some point. I guess I used to care. No longer.

I'm resuming bringing to the great nobody my unadulterated ideas about why things suck or do not suck(sometimes musically, sometimes culinary, and fuck the Colts). As I'm getting involved in playing live music again I feel it is time to get my nerve up. So there. Up, nerve...up.

12 Comments:

Blogger antiprincess said...

great to see you back in the saddle.

what's gallium?

up, nerve! up up up!

11:09 AM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

Gallium(atomic number 31)is a metalloid that is liquid near room temperature. It is notable as the one substance in which subatomic particles isolated in a supercollider can be trapped in suspension. See Wikipedia's entry(I haven't figured out how to hyperlink in the comments section yet...do you know?).

6:07 PM  
Blogger fortunateson201 said...

Very glad too see you back in the saddle again! I mean if I have something to say every once in a blue-moon I'm sure you do too...come on I live in Winsted the arm-pit of the world! nothing happen here!

5:19 PM  
Blogger athena said...

I assume your consuming too much liquid today. super day and all...

7:21 PM  
Blogger athena said...

I'm in hartford for a few weeks.
Where should I go?
Where should I avoid.
I Looove music!!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

athena - you should come to my house. that's where it's all happening. ;)

the list of places NOT to go in Hartford is too long.

Szechuan Tokyo is good for food+music in combination.

Sullys is not good for either music or food, but I am told they have both at the same time.

I really don't get out much. the world comes to my door. sorta.

8:22 AM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

so, gallium is like mercury on steroids?

8:23 AM  
Blogger athena said...

I heard great things about Sully's / Lena's.

9:23 AM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

huh.

well, I could totally be wrong. it wouldn't be the first time.

the best thing is to see for yourself.

10:11 AM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

Hi, athena! I'm a bit slow to the responses(out of practice)...sorry for making you wait.

Three places to go in Hartford...

1: New York City
2: Boston
3: Hoboken, N.J.

There are many great musicians in Connecticut. Sadly, there are few venues for original music. Sully's is one, Up or On the Rocks has potential. Pick up an Advocate(distributed free to many businesses Wednesday afternoon)and look for the gig listings(can't miss 'em...tiny ass print, spreadsheet...).

Working on waking up Hartford...one blogperson at a time...

10:52 AM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

Three places to go in Hartford...

1: New York City
2: Boston
3: Hoboken, N.J.


funniest thing EVER.

5:46 AM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

You should have heard you husband's follow up...

"I go for fun...fun...and chili."

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home