Music, Verbosity, and Anything Else

Friday, March 09, 2007

My fourth of five tags, as follows...

Bimbo's blog, Go, Go, Bimbo!

In the land of smartybootsbootses(west of Byzantium and north of the medulla oblongata) Bimbo may be the supreme potentate. Even a brief perusal if her work of late produces a dizzying set of mental and emotional catalysts.

So, here's where I rollover and expose my furry belly by getting all vulnerable and stuff. I am prepared to witness my fresh guts upon the keyboard and upon Edgar, the adorable Turkish Van with digestive issues- when I can upload photos you are sure to meet him.

The other weekend Antiprincess, Antiprince and I met with Bimbo under the auspice that dinner, activities and repartee amongst smartybootsbootses would happen, and there would be fun. Fun, indeed!

In the dictionary under "Be Here Now" it proudly proclaims "see Bimbo." Far too long has it been since one I've encountered could energize mind, body and soul in presence alone. I have to admit, I was rather taken by her.

I've always been a trivia guy. That is, I've been in the presence of reference material for so long I've acquired a palimpsest of true knowledge, and it suddenly occurred to me how dangerous this is. To not have the full context of a work yet to use it allegory, syllogism or critical analysis does the author and myself a grave disservice. Bimbo very much allowed me to realize this. Her intellect, empathy and understanding were inspiring to me; her beauty made it all more surreal.

A few days later, something went snap! A good snap.

Snap! It doesn't matter what happens- you just met another really cool person...

Snap! It's time to re-examine my Classical Literature. Where to start?...

Snap! Borders in Farmington has no copy of Dante's Divine Comedy? The fuck?...

Snap! If you develop a tonic in the second iteration it makes sense to do the same to the subdominant following it(so, Bmin6/9- Gmaj7#11/13-Bmin7b13-G#min7(b5))...

Snap! Is the bicameral mind an oversimplification of a system of avatars we conjure to "guide" us?

Snap! Thank you, Bimbo, for dinner, Hungry Hungry Hippos and waking me up.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bimbo said...

I keep telling myself there is no crying in baseball.

Der... Seeeeeriously. Te amo.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Bimbo said...

And Borders doesn't have Dante?!

How is that even possible?

10:11 AM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

I walked up and down stacks and stacks and ultimately, 'twas ye Title Sleuth done smote me.

Or I'm a complete moron, or something.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bimbo said...

Or it could have something to do with CT and/or Borders being evil, beige, and culturally bankrupt. I'm sure they have it stocked somewhere totally inaccessible and out of the way to make room for all the parenting and decorating books.

10:23 AM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

AD - this was a really moving and brave post.

gutsy, if you will.

you make me a little proud. :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

Thanks!

Can you make me a little sandwich?

12:03 AM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

just a little one.

I think I'm making pot roast tomorrow.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home