Music, Verbosity, and Anything Else

Sunday, March 04, 2007


See that thing above? I was informed over the course of the week by my #2 entry below that I had been "tagged" by the #1 entry. A special, gooey, warm feeling resulted(no, not in my boxers...)and my mojo appears to have become significantly invigorated. Thanks, credit and such as follows...

Jean's blog, You Are Here

Jean is another big fat smartybootsboots. Her highly readable dialectic invectives are quite something. It seems she read some of my meager musings and actually found value contained therein. I cannot express how good it makes me feel to see even one smartybootsboots appreciate the kind of arcane dialog I attempt to elicit. Thank you, Jean. I'll play "Reign in Blood" in your honor today.

Antiprincess' blog, I Shame the Matriarchy

One of my best friends, my initiator into blogdom, an all-around terrific person. Tests highly positive for the smartybootsboots gene. It was she who tipped me off about Jean tagging me, how to respond accordingly(being so technologically unwashed and all...)i.e. how to put that little thingy on the page, hyperlinks(I still get giddy when I make one work), etc. The kind of traffic she gets on her blog is positively jealousy-inducing. Hell, in the face of issues like God and double penetration, how can I compete with my Lydian harmonies and green-assed sensibilities? Anyways, I'm sure she'll be happy to hear from whomever you are; she'll want to make you a sandwich.

ShadowMonkey's blog, Shadowmonkey: Libertas per Vigilantia

My friend DarqueWing, currently a law student, posted here for a while. If you can track down his entries on the site, they are worth reading. He is an engaging writer with a gift for content- rich yet flowing and cohesive commentary. He may not have posted in a while due to his current Wii binge of "Dragon Ball Z Budokan Tenkaichi 2"(say it fast into a reverb-laden room and use your best action-cartoon voice-over)though the blog administrator ShadowMonkey is no slouch.

I will tag more as I do more reading; there are a few blogs I have not read in enough detail due to length. I get antsy and fidgety if I sit in front of a computer for too long, so I have to jump around the house naked but for a sheer coating of Nutella for an hour until I have to go to work. Oh, by the way, if you can manage to land a job that is playing music all day, I highly recommend it. You'll get better at your instrument than you can imagine.

(The rules are thus: 1) If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think. 2) Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme, and claim their graphic doodah. Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking.)

9 Comments:

Blogger antiprincess said...

smartybootsbootses, represent!

thanks, honey. Come have a sandwich any old time.

8:33 AM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

possibly a nutella-on-wheat?

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

TheAdequateDer,

Thanks for the link to ShadowMonkey.

We sure do wish we'd hear from DarqueWing. His posts have been some of the best on the site, and two of them (I think) are among the top-5 most-read posts on ShadowMonkey. His insightful comments on other posts were also very welcome.

Anyway, best to you. ...and if you talk to DW, tell him the ShadowMonkey folks miss him!

-sm

10:23 AM  
Blogger H.M. Lufkin said...

I'll play "Reign in Blood" in your honor today.

A wonderful tribute. My smartyboots are flattered.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Bimbo said...

Congratulations, Der.


A Nutella-on-what?!

2:46 PM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

Maybe just an appendectomy scar...

8:17 PM  
Blogger antiprincess said...

where's the rest of your list?

9:14 AM  
Blogger TheAdequateDer said...

Yes, I'm still short a fifth. Slacking, I guess...

Does the DW tag count, technically?

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home